Sunday, March 27, 2005
Miserable
Jacob's been feeling miserable the last few days. His joints hurt, his head aches, and he has horrible belly aches. Yesterday we took him into the day hospital in hope that he was just anemic and a transfusion would perk him up, but fortunately or unfortunately, that wasn't the problem. Most likely it's the drug he's taking to stimulate blood cell production for the stem cell harvest. They doubled the dose this week in preparation.
One of the worst parts is that he can't really take a bath because he has a central line coming out of his chest that can't get wet. And baths are often the only thing that make him feel better.
I'm desperate to come up with a mask or housing that could fit over his chest like a diver's mask so he could bathe.
I have some low temperature thermo plastic I might be able to form over his chest as a model, (though I don't know about forming over the line ) and I've attached a picture of the thing itself on Jacob as well as a schematic of how they work.
And there's a picture of Jacob's chest with the hickman catheter at:
Hickman
There is a good description of central lines at the Teens Living with Cancer
Central Lines
One of the worst parts is that he can't really take a bath because he has a central line coming out of his chest that can't get wet. And baths are often the only thing that make him feel better.
I'm desperate to come up with a mask or housing that could fit over his chest like a diver's mask so he could bathe.
I have some low temperature thermo plastic I might be able to form over his chest as a model, (though I don't know about forming over the line ) and I've attached a picture of the thing itself on Jacob as well as a schematic of how they work.
And there's a picture of Jacob's chest with the hickman catheter at:
There is a good description of central lines at the Teens Living with Cancer