Tuesday, April 19, 2005
The big MRI is tomorrow, and I'm scared to death, which doesn't really make sense since we probably won't hear anything until after the tumor board (!) meets on monday to discuss the results.
I don't know if the doctors realize the extent to which we deconstruct everything they say looking for a clue about how things are going. There's been a lot of talk about what they are going to do during the next chemo, which I take to mean that they don't expect the tumor to be gone yet. From the beginning the plan has been 4 to 6 chemo session depending on the outcome of this MRI, but I can't help wondering if having to go the extra two is a bad sign.
Sorry - I usually try to keep my own inner dialog off this page, (and obviously, for good reason.) Last saturday was the 1 year anniversary of Jacob's diagnosis, and I've been more introspective than usual.
Jacob's doing just fine.
And, because I promised Mishy, here are some pictures I drew in the hospital during the last chemo:



I don't know if the doctors realize the extent to which we deconstruct everything they say looking for a clue about how things are going. There's been a lot of talk about what they are going to do during the next chemo, which I take to mean that they don't expect the tumor to be gone yet. From the beginning the plan has been 4 to 6 chemo session depending on the outcome of this MRI, but I can't help wondering if having to go the extra two is a bad sign.
Sorry - I usually try to keep my own inner dialog off this page, (and obviously, for good reason.) Last saturday was the 1 year anniversary of Jacob's diagnosis, and I've been more introspective than usual.
Jacob's doing just fine.
And, because I promised Mishy, here are some pictures I drew in the hospital during the last chemo:


