.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, April 01, 2005

 

It's in the bag...

They needed to collect between 3 and 5 (million??? I'm not certain what the numbers mean) stem cells today, and they actually got 5.6! We got the call this evening: Jacob doesn't need to go back tomorrow. It's in the bag.



Jacob was beyond being a trooper. When the flow was too slow using just his central line, he stuck out his arm and got an IV as well. During the process he ate lunch and watched the extended version of the Return of the King which dovetailed nicely with the procedure - they both lasted upwards of 4 hours.



The machine was a trip - kind of a cross between Mr. Peabody's WayBack machine and an especially persnickedy old reel to reel tape recorder. And it's name is "Thirsty." I'm glad we got that one. The other one is named something awful like "Dr. Draino."



I can't tell you how relieved I am to have this over with.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?