.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

 
I'm running a day or two behind, here, and a lot has been happening.

Friday was Jacob's dad Young's birthday. We had a perfect lunch at Slanted Door, one of our favorite restaurants in San Francisco, and then visited Young's friend and near birthday twin, Mark and his unbearably cute five month old daughter, Addy. Mark had a new video game at which Young actually beat Jacob, so he (Young) was pretty chuffed. We got to say a quick hello and goodbye to Addy's mom, Jen, and wisked Jacob away for one more MRI.



Sunday Young put on a treasure hunt for Jacob and his neighborhood friends that had them traipsing all over the place with maps and gps, and we had a barbeque with them and Alex and our wonderful neighbors and friends, Tammy, Grant, Lee and Jan.



Yesterday was audio-testing after which Jacob got to go see Revenge of the Sith at Pixar with Alex. I'm not revealing nothing, nohow, since they wouldn't tell me.

Today was endocrinology and a lumbar puncture - the very last of the pre-transplant tests. Five minutes after the LP was over Jacob asked, "well, when are you going to do it?" Nurse Mardi kept him entertained the whole time while I took pictures with his cell phone.



Tomorrow is a day off. I'm keeping Jacob home unless he really begs to go to school, so as to avoid any last minute germs. Thursday is the day - he'll be admitted to the hospital to begin the bone marrow transplant. I'll write more tomorrow about what little we know about what to expect.

Comments:
Hi Christine and Ben,



Jacob and his crew found a cache of ‘Desert Eagles’ AIrsoft pistols.

Airsoft is a type of pellet gun that shoots a plastic pellet at under 200 feet per second.

It is less dangerous than a paintball gun, but it is still somewhat dangerous.

When Jacob and his friends go ‘airsofting’, they have to have eye protection (full goggles, not just glasses), wear heavy clothing, and a Mom or Dad with them.

Jacob wears a baseball catcher’s chest protector to protect his port.

When you see Jacob, you can ask what specific game they play when airsofting. I haven’t been able to figure it out by watching them.

Jacob will probably tell Ben about Episode Three, I haven't been able to get a word out of him.

Young
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?