Monday, May 30, 2005
Poor Guy
Well, we're warned by other parents that the 7 to 10 days after the transplant would be hell. And they are. Today was day 4, so we're getting there.
Though the unpleasant details (which I will spare you) were worse, Jacob was conscious a few minutes at a time today, and he could stand by himself for a few seconds without falling over. He sleeps most of the time and he's still too out of it to watch TV when he is awake, but Ellie and I are taking turns reading the Count of Monte Christo to him. A lot of the time we can't tell if he's awake so we just keep reading.
Young did the last two nights, and I'm on tonight. Ellie's been with us most of the days. What a girl.
The nurses and doctors are incredible. There is so much to keep track of I don't know how they do it.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, the kids have been doing a wonderful thing, painting my bedroom. I don't have any pictures of the colors, but here are some of the meticulous prep work.
Letty shrouded my bedroom in protective plastic to contain the dust and dirt and who knows what.

And Alex ripped the hideous driftwood off the wall.

Though the unpleasant details (which I will spare you) were worse, Jacob was conscious a few minutes at a time today, and he could stand by himself for a few seconds without falling over. He sleeps most of the time and he's still too out of it to watch TV when he is awake, but Ellie and I are taking turns reading the Count of Monte Christo to him. A lot of the time we can't tell if he's awake so we just keep reading.
Young did the last two nights, and I'm on tonight. Ellie's been with us most of the days. What a girl.
The nurses and doctors are incredible. There is so much to keep track of I don't know how they do it.
Meanwhile back at the ranch, the kids have been doing a wonderful thing, painting my bedroom. I don't have any pictures of the colors, but here are some of the meticulous prep work.
Letty shrouded my bedroom in protective plastic to contain the dust and dirt and who knows what.

And Alex ripped the hideous driftwood off the wall.
