Friday, June 10, 2005
Getting Sprung Next Week
They are talking about getting us out of here and into Ronald McDonald House next week, maybe as early as tuesday or wednesday. I can tell it's true because a nurse came today to train us on the home IV pumps and the pharmacy already made up Jacob's outpatient meds.
You want to know the truth? I'm scared. There won't be nurses around to tell us what to do, doctors to answer our questions, no PTs or OTs. I'm afraid it might feel pretty isolated. So we're going to look forward to visits.
On the other hand, the reason we're getting out is that Jacob is doing great. He doesn't necessarily feel great, but all his tests show he's recovering well. He gets irked when we make too much of his "numbers": blood counts, O2 sats etc. but it's hard not to crow over them now, after worrying about them so much before.
Thank you everyone who wrote, called and checked in. I love hearing from you all. A lot! Thank you for your prayers and your candles and for telling us what's going on in your lives.
You want to know the truth? I'm scared. There won't be nurses around to tell us what to do, doctors to answer our questions, no PTs or OTs. I'm afraid it might feel pretty isolated. So we're going to look forward to visits.
On the other hand, the reason we're getting out is that Jacob is doing great. He doesn't necessarily feel great, but all his tests show he's recovering well. He gets irked when we make too much of his "numbers": blood counts, O2 sats etc. but it's hard not to crow over them now, after worrying about them so much before.
Thank you everyone who wrote, called and checked in. I love hearing from you all. A lot! Thank you for your prayers and your candles and for telling us what's going on in your lives.