Wednesday, July 06, 2005
New project
We're gearing up to seriously investigate fall-back treatment plans for Jacob. Though the doctors are telling us that "no certainty whatsoever that [the mass on the MRI] represent[s] cancer" they aren't telling us that it doesn't, either, and we're afraid we will miss a window of opportunity if we just wait until the next scheduled MRI three months from now.
Basically, what gearing up means for me is clerical: amassing a full set of medical records for Jacob so that we can get some second opinions. Young's role is to research treatment options.
This is scary. I've kept my sanity by trusting that if we did everything the doctors said to do, Jacob would be all right. Just questioning that assumption is very hard for me. I don't think Young was ever able to suspend disbelief so entirely.
Basically, what gearing up means for me is clerical: amassing a full set of medical records for Jacob so that we can get some second opinions. Young's role is to research treatment options.
This is scary. I've kept my sanity by trusting that if we did everything the doctors said to do, Jacob would be all right. Just questioning that assumption is very hard for me. I don't think Young was ever able to suspend disbelief so entirely.