.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 22, 2005

 

Life

Sunday, we got the sad news that our friend from LPCH, Ben, had died at the age of seven years. This is an excerpt from his blog. I'm sure his family won't mind my quoting it.

"At 9:30 tonight, Ben drew his last breath. After more than 8 months, the battle is over. Seconds after his heart stopped, the sound of fireworks came from down the street--an odd sign from above anouncing his arrival in paradise."

Ben and his parents gave us so much companionship and encouragment over these many months of treatment. They taught us so much by their invention and saavy as they pursued a cure. Our love and thoughts are with them.

We had a wonderful weekend with Alex and Letty, playing games and doing projects. Jacob went mountain biking in the hills by our house: caught air, took spills and got back up again. I felt a twinge of survivor's guilt as I hugged the kids and felt our good fortune all the way to my bones.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?