.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 07, 2005

 

News Flash - Good!

The tumor board met this morning and they don't think that the spots on Jacob's MRI are tumors. It's not clear what they are instead, but not tumor is the important thing. Thank God, thank God, Thank God!

Jacob will have a spine MRI soon, and then another brain MRI in 6 weeks, and we'll monitor the markers closely, but aside from that we're back on track to watch the immune progress and think about getting Jacob back to school.

Alex and Letty came down and spent the weekend with us. Alex was fantastic coming up with activities that made it, actually, really fun. Jacob needed and wanted to smash things, and Alex, understanding completely (he used to smash things when under emotional pressure too) invented a game where he lobbed pumpkins at Jacob, who demolished them with a sledge hammer. I got out there at the end and got some video, which I'll try to figure out how to post. It was pretty cathartic for everyone.

I'm still shaken. There isn't anyway to un-think that thoughts I've had over the last couple days. Thank you everyone who called and emailed over the weekend. It was so, so good not to feel alone.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?