Sunday, December 11, 2005
Nice, nice, very nice
I spent the last week recovering from the roller coaster. Anyone in my family can tell you: I NEVER go on rollercoasters if I can help it. But it's been a good time, too.
Jacob read an excerpt from his now-completed novel at the "Night of a million words" culmination, unmolested by flashes since I forgot my camera. That tells you something about my vertutzedness right there. He was terrific. I was incredibly impressed with the whole group, and the teachers who chivvied and inspired them into it.
Yesterday the Frykberg family treated the whole 7th grade to the movie, Narnia. Young went with them, and I can't remember the last time I've heard him so enthusiastic about a movie. I'm going to see it with Ellie when she comes.
While they were at the movie, I headed to Santa Cruz for a music party with some very old friends (not that they are old, but its been a looong time). I can't tell you how much fun it was. At one point, while everyone was distracted by food, Dutch and Lee were singing "Have Thine Own Way" and it was magical. Peter and Johnny were trading off guitars and dobros and mandolins, and it was too pretty to even believe. I felt lucky to get to listen. I promised people pictures so here're couple:


And, while I'm at it, here is a picture of the flower arrangement Tammy made on our front porch:

She grew the flowers, including the orchids - can you believe it. She claims she planted them under the dryer vent and they think they are in Hawaii.
Jacob read an excerpt from his now-completed novel at the "Night of a million words" culmination, unmolested by flashes since I forgot my camera. That tells you something about my vertutzedness right there. He was terrific. I was incredibly impressed with the whole group, and the teachers who chivvied and inspired them into it.
Yesterday the Frykberg family treated the whole 7th grade to the movie, Narnia. Young went with them, and I can't remember the last time I've heard him so enthusiastic about a movie. I'm going to see it with Ellie when she comes.
While they were at the movie, I headed to Santa Cruz for a music party with some very old friends (not that they are old, but its been a looong time). I can't tell you how much fun it was. At one point, while everyone was distracted by food, Dutch and Lee were singing "Have Thine Own Way" and it was magical. Peter and Johnny were trading off guitars and dobros and mandolins, and it was too pretty to even believe. I felt lucky to get to listen. I promised people pictures so here're couple:


And, while I'm at it, here is a picture of the flower arrangement Tammy made on our front porch:

She grew the flowers, including the orchids - can you believe it. She claims she planted them under the dryer vent and they think they are in Hawaii.