.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 

Jacob is Free!

Jacob got his central line (hickman catheter) out today. It was fabulous - he didn't even have anesthesia - just a shot of lidocaine and they yanked it. It was over in about five minutes and we were out of there and eating lunch at peninsula creamery in fifteen.

As we walked out of the hospital, Jacob says, "Now it feels like its finally over," and for him I think it is.

I woke up and worried about relapses in the middle of the night and had to go in with a flashlight to check his pupils this morning before I could calm down, but it does feel like a milestone - no more heparin flushes, no more dressing changes, and hopefully soon, no more of the itching/scratching/yelling-from-mom cycle.

We are so lucky, sometimes it scares me.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?