Friday, February 17, 2006
Scary- but okay
Jacob started having some double vision this week, along with some other changes in his eyes. It was similar to when he relapsed last year, so he had tumor markers drawn on wednesday and an MRI yesterday.
Today, after a miserable sleepless wait, we got the result: no new tumor.
There are growing traces of radiation-induced changes in his brain, but they are different in signature than a tumor: linear, rather than volumetric.
I know I will be really joyful as soon as the freaked-out-ness wears off. Right now just not being terrified feels really good!
To celebrate, here are some pictures I've been meaning to put up for a long time:
Mish and Win, from their visit last month:

Mishy's two grand-daughters, Bailey Grace and Sienna:

The three of us at Mark and Jennifer's house:

Today, after a miserable sleepless wait, we got the result: no new tumor.
There are growing traces of radiation-induced changes in his brain, but they are different in signature than a tumor: linear, rather than volumetric.
I know I will be really joyful as soon as the freaked-out-ness wears off. Right now just not being terrified feels really good!
To celebrate, here are some pictures I've been meaning to put up for a long time:
Mish and Win, from their visit last month:

Mishy's two grand-daughters, Bailey Grace and Sienna:

The three of us at Mark and Jennifer's house:
