Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Rain Rain Go Away
We got Akiho safely to the airport for the trip back to Japan on Saturday. She was a good sport through the rainy week. We never got to take Sparky to the beach, but luckily the thing she most wanted to do was shop at the mall.

The trip to the airport was our last one up Devil's Slide; by the next day the rain had washed out the road and it was closed, "indefinitely." Since then the cracks in the road way have been widening, and if that wasn't enough, a big boulder fell on the roadway:

With all the traffic routed back to 92, it took me nearly 2 hours to get Jacob to school this morning: most of it just getting out of our neighborhood onto highway 1. I have a plan though. I parked my car a quarter of a mile away, down by the highway. I figure it will be much faster to walk than drive it in the morning.
Matt Berman sent me the link to a terrific scary video of the erstwhile highway:
Devil's Slide Video
Jacob and his friends spent much of the weekend building model wooden boats and immolating action figures on them as they floated down our street to Valhalla.
That's enough rain, thanks.

The trip to the airport was our last one up Devil's Slide; by the next day the rain had washed out the road and it was closed, "indefinitely." Since then the cracks in the road way have been widening, and if that wasn't enough, a big boulder fell on the roadway:

With all the traffic routed back to 92, it took me nearly 2 hours to get Jacob to school this morning: most of it just getting out of our neighborhood onto highway 1. I have a plan though. I parked my car a quarter of a mile away, down by the highway. I figure it will be much faster to walk than drive it in the morning.
Matt Berman sent me the link to a terrific scary video of the erstwhile highway:
Devil's Slide Video
Jacob and his friends spent much of the weekend building model wooden boats and immolating action figures on them as they floated down our street to Valhalla.
That's enough rain, thanks.