.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

 

Good News!

Jacob had his consultation with the pulmonologist today and...his lungs are fine. Fine! Jacob himself was unimpressed - he never doubted they were okay - but I was jubilant! The specter of long term breathing problems was daunting.

Evidently what turned around the pneumonia wasn't just the antibotics, but Jacob's determined exercising with the incentive spirometer. I'm hoping that exercise will help his hand function as well. He was getting so good at doing everything with his right hand that we didn't notice he wan't using his left at all, but it needs the exercise.

We saw "As You Like It" at the Santa Cruz Shakespeare Festival, and now Jacob's doing a week of Shakespeare reader's theater with one of the Nueva theater coaches. AYLI is running through labor day weekend and I highly recommend it. Very broad humor - almost Marx brothers physical comedy. The Lear was terrific too, and I hear great things about the Pygmalion, but we didn't see it.

I'm heading to Philly to see Ellie tonight. More when I get back.

Our love to Sharon S. who's getting her own test results today, and to Ben D's family who marked the first year since his passing on Sunday. I was really moved by the words of the Kaddish we said, a little altered, for Ben:

"He Who makes peace in His heights, may He make peace, upon us and upon all people."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?