.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

 

Friends

It's been hard lately, but our friends have been incredible.

While Jacob was back east visiting Ellie, I got to go see Win and Mish who swapped their Four Corners area straw bale house for cabin over the Russian river, near their beautiful grand daughters, Bailey and Blaire (and the girls wonderful parents of course). Mish and Win plied me with brandy (I had the choice of champagne), trashy magazines, chocolate cake and let me hold the babies. It was resuscitation for the soul and let me tell you it was just in time!



Pete came down from SF where he was staying for a few days.



Jeffrey and family detoured to the coast on their college tour,


Cordell brought all kinds of roses. People who only know him as a Turing recipient have no idea what a serious rose-tafarian he is:



There were emails from friends we made along Jacob's brain tumor journey, who have suffered the loss we've feared, and incredibly, can still open their hearts and comfort us: Joanne and Paul, Sheila and Lamont, and our friends, the Diffensetti family whose brave, wise, 7 year old son died more than a year ago. I invite everyone to click the link and look at their blog. It made me smile.

Peter B. knows how much I love pictures and he sent this one:



(I just wish it had a sound track.)

Okay, this could really go on forever - Ann M., Tammy, Betty, Nueva parents - all the rest of you - you are my lifeline and I love you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?