.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 07, 2008

 

Goodbye/Hello

Happy New Year!

This will be the last entry in this blog. With the close of 2007 and the beginning of 2008, the time has come to shut down it. Jacob, at 15, deserves some privacy.

However, I found I just couldn't give up the link to the outside world that the blog given me for the last few years. So I've started a new non-jacob-centric one: Sparky's People.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you. I can't tell you how much it means when someone says "I've been following you on the blog."

Thank you to everyone who contributed to Packard, too. You are amazing! We wish, with all our hearts, that the coming year will bring you wonderful things.

Before I sign off, I wanted to bring everyone up to date. This is where we stand:

Jacob is going to Half Moon Bay High, taking 4 classes a day, and most of the time anyway, enjoying school - a huge leap from last year when he was struggling to do one of two hours of school a day.

He is still in remission, meaning, more than two and a half years after the bone marrow transplant, he has no sign of cancer either on his scans or blood tests. The enhancing (light) areas on the MRI's, almost certainly marking radiation damage, have been getting a bit dimmer.

The long term effects of radiation continue to be a trial. Jacob's depression still surfaces in some very dark days; he still has little sensation on his left side, and as he has begun to use his left hand, the tremor is more visible.

Jacob and Alex are preparing to be bridesmaids at Ellie's and Jacob Fenton's wedding (Alex agreed on the stipulation he get to use the appellation).

For the first time ever, I did not take a single picture on Christmas, but here is our annual family picture.. You've probably seem it all before:

Clockwise from the top left: Alex Harvill, 26, Ann and Young with Jacob on our 30th wedding anniversary, Ellie 29 with fiance' Jacob Fenton, Jacob singing karaoke on his 15th birthday, Young on his birthday, Ann, with Alex , Jacob Fenton again, Alex and his girl friend, Jessica, with Jacob and another pal, Amy b, Jacob, Ellie, our nephew Matthew who is living with us, and Jacob with his blue wig. He is changing his name to "Blue." Center all the kids.

Goodbye. We love you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?